Hugin translation guide
This page intends to provide guidance to translators of the Hugin project. Some terminology is very specific or used in a specific way in hugin, making it hard to find a close translation that fits the context of hugin in another language than English.
Translation guide for specific terms
Note to translators, please add your language variant to the term on a new line in the same format as NL=
Also add your own difficult terms that are not mentioned here.
Note to developers, please check and enhance the meanings of these terms if they are unclear or incorrect.
- Custom parameters
- Meaning=paramters other than standard (+context???)
- NL=aangepaste paramters
- Meaning=? software package, install kit?
- bundled version
- Meaning=? version distributed with hugin package?
- NL=ingebouwde versie
- Meaning= photo, scan, ....
- Meaning=monochrome colourspace
- NL=grijsschaal (kan beter!)
- pyramid image
- Meaning=pyramidal projection?
- NL=piramidale afbeelding
- Meaning=render to a different projection?
- NL=translatie, afbeelding?
- control points
- Meaning=corresponding areas in two images (or the same image for horizontal and vertical control points)
- NL=ijkpunten (was controle punten)
- Meaning=wizard for ease of use
- NL=Druide (kan beter?)
- Cropped (images)
- Meaning=image cut smaller than the original size
- NL=gesneden afbeeldingen (zou moeten worden: uitgesneden)
- Exposure blending
- NL=belichtings vermenging? (of moeten we blend invoeren in de nederlandse taal?)
- Photometric Optimisation
- Meaning=Optimisation of non-mapping image parameters?
- NL=fotometrische optimalisatie
- Low Dynamic Range (LDR)
- Meaning=Luminance values are within a small numeric range (typically 8-bit)
- NL=Laag Dynamisch Bereik (LDR)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Meaning=Luminance values are within a large numeric range (typically >= 16-bit or floating point)
- NL=Hoog Dynamisch Bereik (HDR)
- NL=referentie (was anker)
- Num. Transf.
- Meaning=Numerical Transform?
- NL=Num. Transf.
- Field of View
- Meaning=Angle of view?
Do not translate:
- Nona (program name)
- Enblend (program name)
- Autopano (program name)
- Autopano-SIFT (program name)
- PTStitcher (program name)
- Deflate (zip method)
- JPEG (file type)
- EXR (HDR file type)
Technical translation issues
Some strings don't appear to be translated, they are apparently generated by the GUI toolkit. Most likely they will be in the same language as hugin, because very few people, other than translators, start a program with a specific language other than that of the environment.
If you find a source term that isn't correct, spelling or meaning, probably best to bring it up with Pablo d'Angelo or on the hugin mailinglist.
Tips and Tricks
Running hugin in a specific language
If you want to run hugin in another language than the default, use the following command (Linux with UTF8):
$ LANG=nl_NL.utf8 hugin
This will start hugin in dutch. Other languages have different names of course, try looking in /usr/share/i18n/locales/.
SimonO 10:27, 4 January 2008 (CET)