From PanoTools.org Wiki
Revision as of 19:56, 13 July 2006 by WikiSysop
- Panorama_tools is a high quality Open Source panorama stitching software package.
- Hugin (free, Open Source GUI)
- PTAssembler (shareware)
- PTGUI (shareware)
- Autostitch (currently free, fully functional demo) - powerful and fast!
- PanoramaStudio (shareware)
- PhotoVISTA Creates panoramas and 360�'s. Commercial. Available for Windows and Mac.
- 3DVista Stitcher (commercial) Supports donut (oneshot) images
- Autopano automatically identifies control points. Works on the command line or as a plug-in for Hugin, PTAssembler, PTGUI
- Enblend overlays images so to make the seam invisible. Works on the command line or as a plug-in for Hugin and PTGUI
- Remallax removes some parallax of hand-shot panoramas prior to stitching. Just a project in inception, nothing usable available
- Enblend Front End simplifies the use of Enblend
- APClean is a program that can be used to quickly remove wrong control points (sometimes created by Autopano) from a PTGui project file. It can also be used to see which image pairs are linked by control points.
- PanoCube converts equirectangular (360�x180�) panos to QuickTime cubic movies. Freeware (Windows) and more featured shareware (Windows, Linux) versions.
- PanoLink links QuickTime cubic movies into virtual tours.
- Pano2QTVR is a new and very promising Windows freeware project to convert equirectangular (360�x180�) panos to QuickTime cubic movies and link them together to virtual tours. Includes Hotspot Editor.
- How to install plug-ins in Photoshop
- The Panorama Tools Plugins are part of the original Panorama tools by Helmut Dersch recently made 16 bit compliant and actionable by Thomas Niemann
- PTLens free lens distorsion correction.
- How to install actions in Photoshop
- Contrast Masking Actions lightens shadows and darkens highlights.
- Contrast Blending Actions combine a bracketed series of images to extend dynamic range.
Plugins for the Gimp
There are several panoramic photography related gimp plugins that can be used to manipulate panoramas.
- PTViewer Original panotools viewer. Recent versions are 3.1.2 from Helmut Dersch (capable of adaptive dynamic range display) and 2.7L2 from Fulvio Senore with better interpolator and numerous additions to the original Dersch version 2.5
- FSPViewer: A fast viewer for local, high resolution panoramic images.
- SPi-V Hardware accelerated full screen viewer based on Shockwave 3D with very smooth movement and possibilities for special effects.
- panoglview: an open source hardware accelerated viewer for equirectangular panoramas.
- FlashVR Flash based viewer, hot spot and menu functions.
- 360DOF Flash 360dof's Flash based viewer.
- Destry Hines Simple pano viewer, applet based.
- IBM Hotmedia Only works with Hotmedia Panos
- Panorado A full-featured image viewer/browser supporting panoramas (JPEG & QTVR)
- DevalVR Multipurpose panoramic viewer, with local player version and browser plugin for IE and Netscape/Firefox/Opera browsers (JPEG & QTVR)
can somebody please link to other tools?
Virtual Tour Software
- The Panorama Factory - Decent bang for the buck
- 360 Degrees of Freedom - Overpriced for what you get
- EasyPano Tourweaver - Expensive, but nice
- PanoLink - Basic linking for QuickTime MOV files. Technically a "helper" but it does much more.
- Pano2QTVR - Another, easier to use, linking package for Quicktime MOV files. Technically a "helper" but it does much more.
- Imatronics Panorama Express - Supports stock and custom donut images (oneshot lenses) and spherical images.
- 3D Vista - Another easy to use tour creater, but with less options. Also supports donuts.
- PTLens lens distortion correction
- Extended Depth-Of-Field creats masked layers for a focus-bracketed series of images. From Rik Littlefield
- GIMP: Save Layers in seperate files. Little Helper for Multilayer TIFF. If you are using multilayer tiff with GIMP for optimizing blending, you might need this script for saving every layer to a seperate file. Download continous_save.zip
- QImage is a commercial tool for printing up to 100.000 pixels wide images on roll paper even across paper size limitations (on some printers)