Please discuss User Guidelines here
Use the [+] button above to add a comment, suggestion or critics.
Yuv's suggestion ...
Please be ethical in your postings. "This means you should fully disclose all vested interests (professional, commercial or others) and your relationship to the topic you comment on."
It does sound better ... any other comments? KathyW 04:10, 1 August 2006 (CEST)
I'll change it...--Erik Krause 10:35, 1 August 2006 (CEST)
I wonder if "no need for fancy formatting" is a little too permissive? Someone could say to themselves, "There may be no NEED but where's the harm?" I suggest "Fancy formatting is unhelpful, and to be avoided."
<KathyW> ...or leave off the whole "no need for fancy formatting" - making that point short, precise and self explanatory?? </KathyW> KathyW 07:34, 2 August 2006 (CEST)
Also, the heading "Please remember you are posting to a forum" might be better put the other way around, as below:
"Please reply privately if the content is not of general interest" In which case the text could continue: "If you post to the list, it will be read by a lot of users, not..." (continuing as it is now)
<KathyW> I dunno Roger, I like the way it reads now. Other thoughts? </KathyW> KathyW 07:34, 2 August 2006 (CEST)
I put it intentionally as it is now. The reason is that many posts sound like a chat. The only reason I can think of is that users forgot that they are posting to a list--Erik Krause 12:18, 2 August 2006 (CEST)
<Roger Williams>Hmmm. In that case it's probably better as it is now. Suggestion withdrawn.
Points raised on-list
Please respect listmembers privacy. Do not abuse listmembers email addresses. eMail Harvesting or facilitation of harvesting is in breach of Yahoo Groups terms and the rules of this list, is an invasion of privacy and will not be tolerated.
Members must respect the copyright and intellectual property of others - members and non-members. This is a ban-worthy offense on first violation if its intentional. Clearly violating the copyright of other panographers will not be tolerated.
Some minor typos need correcting
- Introduction: issuess -> issues
- Joint common ground: adress -> address
- Please don't feed the Trolls: Troll get's the -> Troll gets the
- PanotoolsNG: other members behavior -> other member's behavior
- PanotoolsNG: commercial announcments -> commercial announcements
- Moderators Authorities: separat mailing list -> separate mailing list
Bruno 13:01, 30 October 2006 (CET)
Valid email address
I propose a new first point for "Joint common ground" of the User Guidelines:
- use a valid email address. As a member you have the choice between different flavours of communicating with the group, however we have to ask for a working email address delivered when joining the group so the moderators can contact you if needed. The moderators of Panotools NG and -list will make every effort to protect your privacy!
Background: moderators need to be able to contact group members effectively. Especially with new members sometimes issues need to be sorted out prior to approval, e.g. due to lack of information in a user's profile. A notice is already on NG's description but should also be added to -list's description. Carl 17:13, 17 May 2007 (CEST)