SoC 2009 student proposals
From PanoTools.org Wiki
Revision as of 09:52, 1 April 2009 by MokhtarKhorshid
Student Proposals: Student info and short project synopsis, with link to a new Wiki page where the project is expanded in full detail. See template below:
Tom Templeton: The Template Project
- Enrolled second year master of Sample at Example University in Nowhereland.
- Coding Platform: Ubuntu 8.10, Pentium 4 3GHz, 1GB RAM
- The Template Project is all about a short description of an example project that does what it does according to specifications.
- first year undergrad of University of West Bohemia
- Platform used for coding: Arch Linux, Pentium 4 Northwood 2GHz, 1.5 GB RAM
- Coding skills: C++, PHP, Java (Java only because I have to ;-) )
- Ghost removal for enfuse
- http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/stativ/t123797116006 Project proposal in Google's webapp
León Moctezuma: QuickTimeVR Playback in VLC
- Enrolled last Semester Bachelor of Computer Science at [www.buap.mx Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla].
- Coding Platform: Ubuntu 8.10
- Project proposal on the VideoLAN Wiki
- Mentor (VLC): Most likely Antoine Cellier.
- Comentor (FreePV): Yuval Levy. Note: we're discussing this with VLC / Jean-Baptiste Kempf, including Wiimote navigation.
- http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/review/google/gsoc2009/leonox/t123831053541 Google webapp proposal
- PhD candidate, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Coding Platform: Ubuntu 8.10, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2 GB RAM, Eclipse
- Coding skills: C/C++, MATLAB, Python
- Possible Mentor: Daniel German
- mosaic mode for Hugin
- Google webapp Proposal Link: Coming soon!
Yulia Kotseruba: Straight-line detection for automated lens calibration
- 4th year student at University of Toronto
- Coding Platform: Mac OS 10.5.6, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, XCode, Eclipse
- Coding skills: C/C++, Java, Python, Matlab, OpenGL, Prolog
- Straight-line detection for automated lens calibration
Mokhtar M. Khorshid: Accounting for Camera Movements
- Holder of B.S. in Computer Science & Mathematics from AUC and starting my master studies in Computer Science.
- Coding Platform: Vista 64-bit, Quad Core 2.4 GHz, 6GB RAM, 8800 GTS graphics card, Visual Studio 2005 .NET.
- The Accounting for Camera Movements