SoC 2009 idea
If you are a student willing to participate in The Google Summer of Code 2009, do as suggested below:
- find out what ideas we have for SoC projects this year (read below);
- make up your mind, if you want to pick one of those tasks or if you have your own idea;
- join our community at hugin-ptx;
- introduce yourself and tell us about your plans and wishes.
- add your proposal to the student proposal page - see examples from last year
IMPORTANT: at the time of writing it is not known yet if we will be admitted to Google Summer of Code 2009. We can not guarantee you a place in the program, but we recommend you start preparing your application early as the application process is very competitive.
Most of the projects below are related to Hugin, and some also relate to Panotools or tlalli. Hugin is mostly written in C++, and uses the VIGRA image processing library to support different types of images (for example, 8bit, 16bit and float (HDR) images). The core functionality is implemented in a platform independent C++ library, which is used by the GUI based on wxWidgets toolkit, and the command line programs (nona, fulla). We also very much welcome contributions to Enblend/Enfuse.
The development of the projects should take place in a separate branch of the projects CVS (or SVN) repository. Communication with the mentors should usually happen through the appropriate mailing list. All code should work on the major platforms supported (Linux, OSX, Windows).
- SoC2007_projects#Interactive panoramic viewer (This was completed but there is further possible work to be done, particularly a joint project with VLC to integrate the viewer in their media player)
- SoC2007_projects#Processing of very large images (using the VIPS framework, or even GEGL if ready)
- SoC2007_projects#Architectural Overhaul of Panotools