Difference between revisions of "SoC 2008 Masking in GUI"
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
 Interactive for & of in N-D
 Lazy Snapping [http://research.microsoft.com/~jiansun/papers/LazySnapping_SIGGRAPH04.pdf paper] [http://research.microsoft.com/~jiansun/videos/LazySnapping_Tiny.wmv video]
 Lazy Snapping[http://research.microsoft.com/~jiansun/papers/LazySnapping_SIGGRAPH04.pdf paper] [http://research.microsoft.com/~jiansun/videos/LazySnapping_Tiny.wmv video]
 Interactive Digital Photomontage [http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/photomontage/ webpage]
 Interactive Digital Photomontage[http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/photomontage/ webpage]
Revision as of 05:29, 9 May 2008
The objective of this project is to provide the user with an easy to use interface for quickly creating blending masks. After the images are aligned and shown in the preview window, users will have the option of creating blending masks. Currently the goal is to provide option for mask creation in the preview window. Since it already shows the aligned images, it would be easier for users to create appropriate masks when all the images aligned.
- Option for zooming in/out
- Set brush stroke size
- Polygon editing mode for fine-tuning boundary regions
1. Before Start of Coding Phase:
- Determine input data type, format and how the user will interact
- Construct a preliminary design of the software
- Outline of how the algorithm will work
- Finalize the scope of the project
2. Coding Phase:
2.1 Before Mid Term Evaluation
Implement a basic framework that can –
- take an image stack of a particular format.
- allow users to mark regions
- incorporate algorithm to learn the color model from the user defined area
- start implementing 2D multi-label image segmentation
2.2 After Mid Term Evaluation
- perform image segmentation on the stack of images (3D segmentation problem where the user will only need to roughly mark the region on a small subset of the images)
At the end of this stage the segmentation algorithm should be able to correctly identify similar region in successive images.
 Yury Boykov, Marie-Pierre Jolly, "Interactive graph cuts for optimal boundary & region segmentation of objects in N-D images," Proc. Eighth IEEE ICCV, vol.1, no., pp.105-112 vol.1, 2001. webpage
 Aseem Agarwala, Mira Dontcheva, Maneesh Agrawala, Steven Drucker, Alex Colburn, Brian Curless, David Salesin, Michael Cohen, "Interactive Digital Photomontage," ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH), 2004. webpage