Smartblend on Mac
To run SmartBlend on a Mac within PTGui, you can follow these steps:
- Download a Mac compiled binary of Wine. There is a copy here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/17376/wine Another one here: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
- Download Smartblend (See the link on the Smartblend page)
- From the Wine dmg, you'll only need the file called 'Wine'. Put it in a convenient place.
- Unzip your Smartblend download and put the whole folder in a convenient place.
- Open PTGui and select the menu Preferences->Plugins
- In the text box labelled 'Smartblend Application' you will need to fill in the path of the Wine binary preceding with the path where you put your copy of Wine. If you keep your Wine file in the Application folder it looks like this: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine
- In the text box labelled 'Command line parameters' of the Smartblend section you will need to fill in the path of the Smartblend executable preceding with the path where you put your Smartblend folder. If you keep your Smartblend folder in the Application folder it looks like this: /Applications/Smartblend_1_2_5/smartblend.exe
Please note: There is a very easy way to fill in the correct paths of step 6 and 7 without typing: Just drag and drop the correct files into the relevant text boxes. If you do it correctly, a green '+' sign appears.
To get to the correct files with Wine you'll have to control-click on the Wine application and select 'Show package contents' from the pop-up menu. Navigate to Contents->Resources->bin->wine and drop this file into the first text box, the one labelled 'Smartblend application'.
Here is a small video of the 'easy' process: http://youtu.be/vnpCdeI6Ujc
If you change the location of the Wine or Smartblend folder or if you upgrade to a newer version, you'll have to redo these steps.