Difference between revisions of "Panorama Viewers"
From PanoTools.org Wiki
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
[[Category:Software:Platform:Mac OS X]]
[[Category:Software:Platform:Mac OS X]]
Revision as of 11:34, 16 September 2009
There are basically three types of viewers for spherical panoramas:
- Java based Viewers run on any platform that supports Java.
- Plugin based viewers require a plugin (Quicktime, Shockwave) to run and might be platform specific.
- Stand alone viewers that are executables for a specific platform.
Java based Viewers
- First and until now most versatile is PTViewer developed originally by Helmut Dersch and now maintained and enhanced by Fulvio Senore
- Panorado Applet - a free java viewer applet - "flat" view, but very fast, thus suited for larger images.
- PURE Player for Java (by ImmerVision) is a free Java viewer applet that supports cylindrical, spherical and cubic panoramic images.
- PURE Player for PRO Java (by ImmerVision) is a free Java viewer applet that supports cylindrical, spherical and cubic panoramic images. It also supports user interfaces.
Plugin based Viewers
- Quicktime is available for Apple Macintosh and Windows. Requires panorama in QTVR movie format. (PanoCube or Pano2QTVR convert from equirectangular to .mov on Windows)
- DevalVR is a Windows browser plugin that displays both cubic QuickTime-VR panoramas in QTVR movie format panoramas. See http://www.devalvr.com/ for details.
- PangeaVR is a Mac OS X browser plugin that displays both cubic QuickTime-VR panoramas in QTVR movie format and equirectangular (spherical) JPEG panoramas. See http://www.pangeasoft.net/pano/plugin/pangeavr.html for details.
- There are no known commercial plugins for standard web delivery of panoramas
Flash or Shockwave based Viewers
- SPi-V is a very sophisticated and smooth viewer based on Macromedia Shockwave that handles panoramas completely in graphics card memory (free version with logo).
- pan0 is an open source, Flash 9 based player for panoramas in equirectangular format. The application was formely known as "fspp". See http://pan0.net/page.php?page=pan0 for details.
- PanoSalado is an open source Flash 9 & 10 and Flex based viewer for cubic, equirectangular (spherical), cylindrical and QTVR panoramas. It supports 2D & 3D hotspots, audio, video, and being extended via XML or directly via Actionscript (AS3) and/or MXML. See PanoSalado's site, download source and examples from the GoogleCode repository, access the API and view live examples.
- PURE Player for Flash is a free Flash 9 based player that supports cylindrical, spherical and cubic panoramas.
- The Flash Panorama Player is a cross-platform viewer that displays QTVR movies as well as equirectangular (spherical) and cylindrical panoramas. Cube faces and stripes can also be handled. It supports SWF-plugins to extend its functionality (for example to integrate distorted FLV-movies as hotspots).
Stand alone Viewers
- panoglview is an Open Source hardware accelerated stand alone viewer for Equirectangular Projection images (Windows, Linux and OS X).
panovieweris an Open Source stand-alone viewer now superceded by panoglview (Windows, Linux).
- PTViewer, the original standalone viewer created by Helmut Dersch in C for X-Windows available from one of the mirrors (Linux) or the 3.2 version in compiled Java from his page (Windows).
- Quicktime also works as a standalone viewer (Windows, Mac).
- DevalVR has a stand alone version, too (Windows).
- Panini is an open source panoramic image viewer and perspective tool for all Qt platforms, including Linux, Windows, OSX. It can display files in many panoramic formats. Your video driver must support OpenGL version 1.5, 2.0 for full functionality. Get Panini at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvqt/.
- Panorado is a full-featured image viewer/browser supporting panoramas (JPEG & QTVR). Shareware. (Windows)
- PURE Player for Windows is a free standalone version of PURE Player viewer for Windows OS that supports cylindrical, spherical and cubic panoramas.
- PURE Player for Pocket PC is a free standalone version of PURE Player viewer for Windows Mobile 5 OS that supports cylindrical, spherical and cubic panoramas.
- http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/comparisons/ shows working examples of a large number of different web-based panorama players.