A very new and real promising Windows freeware project by Thomas Rauscher to convert equirectangular (360�x180�) panos to QuickTime cubic movies and link them together to virtual tours.
Features until now (28 Jul 2005):
- converting equirectangular to QTVR (.mov files).
- converting equirectangular to single cube face files (either JPEG or TIFF)
- setting of PTStitcher interpolator and interpolator gamma for cube face creation
- cube face creation with an optional external JPEG compressor
- assembling single cube face files into a QTVR (.mov file)
- creating hotspots in an internal hotspot editor using various forms (round, elliptic, rectangle, rounded rectangle, polygon)
- setting of most (if not all?) QTVR parameters like f.e. pan, tilt and Field of View defaults and limits, title, description, author, date and time, copyright, source, comment...
Pano2QTVR page: http://sinnfrei.at/pano2qtvr/