Hugin Compiling FreeBSD
Hugin is part of the FreeBSD ports collection. Using the ports collection (and contributing fixes to it) is the recommended way to install Hugin on FreeBSD. The Hugin port is currently maintained by Vasil Dimov <vd (at) FreeBSD.org>.
Install with the port
# su # cd /usr/ports/graphics/hugin # make # make install
Update the port
Below is newbie's work in progress. Following these instructions may corrupt your FreeBSD system or worse. Exercise caution (read: don't do this) until the experts confirm that the newbie has done things rights.
to track closely Hugin's releases, after each new release edit the following files in the ports collection:
1. edit distinfo to point to the right tarball. You will need to edit the name in parenthesis, to calculate and edit the md5 and sha256 hashes, to edit the filesize.
2. edit the Makefile.
- edit PORTVERSION and PORTREVISION
- add/update build dependencies to LIB_DEPENDS=
- add/update runtime dependencies to RUN_DEPENDS=
- add/update Cmake building arguments to CMAKE_ARGS=
- if you're not sure about something that need to be done, ask the experts.
3. edit the pkg-plist list of installed files. While it can't be done automatically, the trick is to 'make PREFIX=/tmp/foobar install' and then check the files under /tmp/foobar (assuming it was non-existent before)
4. probably not necessary: edit the pkg-descr description of Hugin.
make a diff and submit it to the FreeBSD experts.