Hugin is an opensource graphical user interface (GUI) for Panorama tools.
Like other GUI front-ends, hugin provides an easy-to-use unified point-and-click interface to a whole range of other command-line tools including:
- autopano-sift, autopano-sift-C or autopano for automatic creation of control points.
- nona or PTmender for remapping input images and rendering output images.
- enblend for seamless blending of output images.
The Hugin project's mission is not only to provide a powerful GUI, but also to provide opensource replacements for the small number of closed source components of Panorama tools, especially PTStitcher. A PTStitcher replacement, called nona has been developed, supporting its most important features.
Among the many flexible Hugin workflow options, it is possible to use increased tonal range data in a 16bit workflow with hugin or work entirely with high dynamic range images such as floating-point TIFF from start to finish in a HDR workflow with hugin.
The following tools are part of the hugin suite:
- hugin the gui front end.
- nona a command-line replacement for PTStitcher.
- fulla correction of barrel distortion, chromatic aberration and vignetting.
- nona_gui a version of nona with simple gui progress dialogs, similar to the windows version of PTStitcher.
- autooptimiser an experimental tool with the same interface as PTOptimizer except using pairwize optimization which doesn't require any manual pre-placement.
- align_image_stack a tool to automate the process to align a stack of photos.
- vig_optimize command line tool to estimate photometric parameters.
- zhang_undistort a tool for correcting barrel distortion.
- color_correct_tiff an experimental tool for correcting colour and brightness differences between overlapping images.
- panoglview OpenGL panorama viewer stored in sourceforge CVS alongside hugin which must be built separately.
More information, documentation and tutorials are available on the project website.
- Hugin Main window
- Hugin Assistant tab
- Hugin Images tab
- Hugin Camera and Lens tab
- Hugin Crop tab
- Hugin Control Points tab
- Hugin Optimizer tab
- Hugin Exposure tab
- Hugin Stitcher tab
- Hugin Preferences
- Hugin Preview window
- Hugin Control Points table
- Hugin Keyboard shortcuts
- hugin FAQ Frequently asked questions about hugin
- hugin homepage for Screenshots, Tutorials, Documentation and Links.
- hugin sourceforge project for Downloads, Bug database and Feature requests.
- sourceforge SVN to browse the hugin sourcecode.