Editing this Wiki
1. I am interested contributing topic XYZ to the wiki. How do I know if somebody is already working on it?
Enter XYZ in the "search" box on the left. Try also searching for partial words or synonyms.
2. I have not found XYZ in the wiki. How can I add a page about XYZ?
Start from the "Main Page". Click yourself to an apporpriate page in the framework where you think your topic fits. If it fits many pages, just choose one to start with. Click on the "edit" link on top of the page. On the editing form set your cursor to the point where you want to add the link and type [[XYZ]]. Click on "preview" to see that the changes are as intended and click on "save" to save your editing. If page XYZ does not exist, you will see the link to XYZ in red color. Click on the red link to edit the new page.
3. A page XYZ already exists but it is about something different.
Use a different page name and link title by adding a link [[page name|link title]].
4. Topic XYZ is in the wiki but is not linked to from a related page in the framework.
Edit that page and add a link.
5. How do I know if page XYZ is linked from all relevant pages of the wiki?
In the "toolbox" on the left click on "What links here". If you find that a page in the framework that is not linking to XYZ should do so, navigate to that page and add a link as you deem appropriate.
6. No page in the framework is appropriate for XYZ.
Before adding to the framework at the higher level, think harder if there is not a place where topic XYZ could fit. If there is not even a partial fit and topic XYZ is related to the panotools, edit the framework itself.
7. I have found XYZ in the wiki but the information is incomplete
This is your chance! Edit page XYZ and complete the information.
8. Information on page XYZ conflicts with my information. Should I correct it?
Only if you are perfectly sure! Information can be ambiguous and opinions may differ, in which case it is more appropriate to add a dissenting comment rather than deleting the original one. Make sure to put your name next to your comment to facilitate clarification. As there can be more ways to do a thing, we can end up having a number of pages describing the same thing done differently.
9. Is the wiki for information only or can I also post opinions and judgements?
Opinions and judgements are very welcome. Due to their nature it is important to observe a few simple rules. When expressing your opinion, make it clear that it is your opinion and that dissenting opinions are accepted. Express them with respect, especially when criticizing somebody else. If you are not sure whether your posting could be offending, ask somebody to read it for you before you post.
10. Is there a template or some kind of formatting standards?
KISS - the keep it simple standard. There is no template and you can format information as you see fit. The wiki can take some HTML. Please use it sparingly as not everybody is an HTML wizard. Use the formating options offered by the wiki. Please do not format colors and fonts, use only basic emphasizing from the wiki simple formating toolbar.
11. What's the best way to learn how to use MediaWiki?
Use it! When you see a page that you like, click on the "edit" link on top to learn its anatomy. It is intuitive and you can just copy the features you want into your own page. As long as you do not click on "save", no changes will be recorded so there is nothing that can go wrong if you click on "edit".
12. How can I link to a paragraph headline in an article?
13. How can I link to an entry in the glossary?