From PanoTools.org Wiki
Revision as of 08:58, 24 October 2005 by Bruno
The Gimp is the GNU Image Manipulation Program, a sophisticated cross platform image editor. The Gimp is Free Software.
- pandora plugin allows you to spread a series of photographs into a multi-layer image for easy editing.
- phfluuh plugin arrange photographs into a multilayer image, correct barrel distortion and map from rectilinear Projection to cylindrical Projection.
- Stitchpanorama plugin lets you pick control points and distort photographs to fit.
- Save Layers in seperate files. Little Helper for Multilayer TIFF. If you are using multilayer tiff with GIMP for optimizing blending with enblend, you might need this script for saving every layer to a seperate file. Download continous_save.zip
- The gimp doesn't currently support greater than 8 bits per pixel, ie. is doesn't support 16 bit per pixel high dynamic range images, though this is a target for future versions. However, there is a fork of the Gimp called Cinepaint that already supports 16 bits per pixel.
- The gimp doesn't support CMS color profiles for anything more than simple conversions.