From PanoTools.org Wiki
Revision as of 18:35, 6 July 2005 by Bruno
Using Panorama Tools without a helper application is extremely difficult. There are a number of GUI front-ends to make the process easier.
The following list is in approximate order of creation (please re-arrange if inaccurate).
- Panorama Tools Plugins still contain the original control-point selection process, this involved pasting little barcodes into source images and was extremely laborious (Open Source, Windows, Linux, Mac).
- PTPicker is a java application for creating control-points that superceded the bar code method (Freeware, Windows, Linux, Mac).
- PTGui is a more sophisticated all purpose tool for managing the various Panorama Tools (Shareware, Windows only).
- PTMac is another sophisticated GUI (Shareware, Mac Classic and OS X).
- PTAssembler is yet another sophisticated GUI (Shareware, Windows only).
- ControlPoints is a control-point selection tool (Freeware, Windows only).
- Hugin is another sophisticated GUI (Open Source, Linux, UNIX, OS X and Windows).
- PanoPoints is a control-point picker written in Perl (Open Source, Linux).