Enblend Compiling OSX
- Download and install the XCode Tools version for the operating system on the machine that you will use for the building job.
- Install Fink for your environment and configure Fink to use the unstable repositories. See the [Fink FAQ] for information about the unstable packages and [Fink Downloads] for a package installer or source code for Fink (depending on your OS).
Building and installing Enblend/Enfuse
Fink itself provides access to an earlier build of Enblend3 - however, this is not the latest version, and may not even be properly compilable from Fink at the moment. The following instructions are geared towards those who want to install the latest version of Enblend (including the new companion tool, Enfuse). The instructions are split into two sections: 1) satisfying prerequisites, which must only be done once; and 2) building the latest Enblend/Enfuse source, which may be done as often as you'd like.
These instructions have been tested on OSX 10.4 and 10.5 on both x86 and PPC systems:
Satisfying Enblend Dependencies and other Prerequisites
1. Install dependencies:
fink install lcms lcms-shlibs boost1.33 libtiff libtiff-shlibs libxmi libxmi-shlibs libjpeg libjpeg-shlibs
Click yes to all questions from Fink.
2. Modify the lcms header file:
sudo sed -i= 's/memory.h/\/usr\/include\/memory.h/' "/sw/include/lcms.h"
Building Enblend/Enfuse from the Latest Source
3. Download enblend from cvs,
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/enblend co -P enblend cd enblend
4. Setup environment variables:
export CFLAGS='-I/sw/include -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon' export LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS export CPPFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /sw/share/aclocal" export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
5. Build and install enblend
make -f Makefile.cvs ./configure --with-apple-opengl-framework make sudo make install
6. Enblend and Enfuse should now be installed in /usr/local/bin/ and ready to use; you may need to open a new terminal window in order for your shell to find the new binaries.