Autopano-sift-C Compiling OSX
Important note: before you begin, a little note of warning. Be advised that even if the procedures described here are all (somehow) verified, nobody can assure you that everything will go fine, especially that the compiled software will behave perfectly, since it's an in-development version.
The very first thing you'll have to do is to set up the environment. Please follow the order in which items are presented:
- Make sure you have Xcode installed: go to the Finder and type Apple+Shift+G (the shortcut for "go to folder..."). In the the dialog insert "/Developer/" (without the quotes).
If the folder Developer opens, Xcode is already installed on your system (it's in Developer/Applications/) and you can proceed to the next step.
If not, look for the installation DVD of that system version and install Xcode.
If that option isn't available, download and install the Xcode Tools version for the operating system on the machine that you will use for the building job. A free registration is required. Be warned that the download is huge (>1 GB).
- If you already use Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) you can skip this step, otherwise download and install subversion (latest stable). Follow the suggestions of the Readme file and tell your system to have a look at /usr/local/bin. If you don't know how to use terminal to edit these files directly just use TextWrangler. In TextWrangler, make sure you selected "Install Command Line Tools..." from the Menu: TextWrangler. Back in terminal type
edit /etc/profileThe file will now open in TextWrangler. Look for the line that starts with PATH and make sure it contains the string ":/usr/local/bin" (without the quotes). Save and close the file, and do the same with /etc/csh.login, i.e. type
edit /etc/csh.loginin the terminal. Save and restart the Mac. Again back in terminal to test the installation, type
svn cat http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/READMEThis should show the README file directly from subversions server.
- Download and install MacPorts from the appropriate .dmg from those listed at the top.
Getting the dependencies
Open a terminal window (you can find terminal.app inside Applications/utilities)
- First we'll update the ports (you will be asked for your password)
sudo port -d sync
- Then we make macports fetch, compile and install all the necessary stuff for libpano/autopano.
sudo port install cmake libtool jpeg tiff libpng
This is gonna take a while, so grab a book and wait for macports to finish.
If you did everything right, the following should go smoothly:
cd /usr/ mkdir src cd src svn co https://panotools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/panotools/trunk/libpano libpano13 cd libpano13 ./bootstrap ./configure make sudo make install
Now we can finally build autopano
cd /usr/src/ svn co https://hugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hugin/autopano-sift-C/trunk/ autopano-sift-C cd autopano-sift-C cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local make sudo make install