Autopano-sift-C Compiling OSX
Important note: before you begin, a little note of warning. Be advised that even if the procedures described here are all (somehow) verified, nobody can assure you that everything will go fine, especially that the compiled software will behave perfectly, since it's an in-development version.
The very first thing you'll have to do is to set up the environment. Please follow the order in which items are presented:
- Download and install the XCode Tools version for the operating system on the machine that you will use for the building job. A free registration is required. Be warned that the download is huge (>1 GB)
- Download and install subversion (latest stable). This is only needed if you don't use Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Download and install MacPorts from the appropriate .dmg from those listed at the top.
Getting the dependencies
Open a terminal window (you can find terminal.app inside Applications/utilities)
- First we'll update the ports (you will be asked for your password)
% sudo port -d sync
- Then we make macports fetch, compile and install all the necessary stuff for libpano/autopano.
% sudo port install cmake libtool jpeg tiff libpng
This is gonna take a while, so grab a book and wait for macports to finish.
== Building libpano